Get to know the wold famous fashion designer Vivienne Westwood who refuses to follow the rules the fashion industry has set. She is famously known for being the queen of punk style. Get exclusive intentional designer clothes online like this at 2nd Take.
Vivienne Westwood is a fashion designer who does not follow the rules when it comes to her designs and is famously known for being the queen of punk style. Get these exclusive designer clothes online at 2nd Take.
• Vivienne Isabel Swire was born on 8 April 1941 in Tintwistle, Derbyshire.
• In 1958, when she was 17, Vivienne and her family relocated to Harrow London.
• She then enrolled herself at Harrow School of Art, studying fashion and silversmithing.
• She only lasted for one term at the school, and decided she would rather find herself a job.
• Then Vivienne started studying at a teacher-training college, and became a primary school teacher.
• During her teaching period, Vivienne began making her own jewellery and selling it.
• She then married Derek Westwood, designing her own wedding dress, in 1962.
• Vivienne Westwood met Malcom McLaren and this resulted in her divorce to Derek Westwood.
• Vivenne Westwood and Malcom McLaren relocated to Clapham, Westwood taught classes up until 1971, after this she and Malcom launched their first store at 430 King’s Road.
• The store was called Let it Rock and today is known as World Ends. World Ends is the first store where Vivienne Westwood started selling her own label.
• Westwood designed clothing that were influenced by bikers, fetishists and prostitutes.
• Malcom McLaren then became the manager of a punk band “Sex Pistols”, Westwood was tasked with designing the bands wardrobe.
• Westwood became one of the pioneers of the punk fashion era in 1970.
• Pirate, was McLaren”s and Westwood”s debut fashion collection and was shown to media and buyers from all around the world.
• Together, they then continued to present their collections in Paris and London.
• These Partnership Collections thematics such as Savages, Buffalo/Nostalgia of Mud, Punkature, Witches, and World Ends.
• In 1984/85 , McLaren and Westwood went their separate ways.
• Westwood”s “Pagan Years”, from 1988 to 1991, were where Vivienne’s changed from punk and ragamuffin fashion, to “Tatler” girls wearing designs that teased the upper class. Get these exclusive designer clothes online at 2nd Take now!
• Westwood then presented her propaganda collection in 2005, which was greatly influenced by using Wolford’s exclusive knitting technology.
• In 2006, Westwood combined her talents with the brand Nine West. Nine West even sharing its brand name with Westwood.
• Westwood’s clothing was also seen in the movie Sex and the City, in 2008.
Designer Clothes Online Vivienne Westwood Trademark
Vivienne Westwood is best known for her punk style and the eccentric style of her designs. Vivienne Westwood uses materials such as BDSM fashion, bondage gear, safety pins, razor blades, bicycle chains and spike dog collars for jewellery, with outrages hair and make-up styles. Westwood also includes traditional elements, such as traditional Scottish tartan designs and fabrics. One of Westwood”s most memorable designs is her now infamous Buffalo hat that Pharrel Williams wore to the 2014 Grammy’s. Get these exclusive international designer clothes online now at 2nd Take!
• Today Westwood is still creating clothing for her line “Vivienne Westwood” and has franchises worldwide.
• The World Ends store continues to stand today in 430 King”s Road.
• The name Vivienne Westwood is linked to many of the most memorable fashion trends and we know she will continue setting trends and expanding boundaries in the fashion industry. Get these exclusive Vivienne Westwood designer clothes online now at 2nd Take!
2nd Take is the largest and leading consignment second-hand clothing retail Franchise Group in South Africa with boutique shops in Cape Town and Pretoria, as well as a convenient online shopping option.
2nd Take stocks exclusive designer brands and high street labels, often not available for purchase anywhere else in South Africa. For information on our unique and outstanding designer second-hand clothes, please send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our low risk Franchise Options, to request our 2nd Take Franchise Disclosure Document or to apply for one of our low cost Franchises, please send your e-mail to email@example.com and we will call you back.
2nd Take is a member of FASA, the Franchise Association of South Africa.